Sunday, August 16, 2009

What the hell is Islam??


I have thought about this question alot and ever since 9/11 I have tried to connect what religion teaches to what could have led supposedly religious people to perpetrate such a heinous act upon people they didn't even know. I was of course applying what I knew about religion to this equation which was a big misconception. After reading about Islam it becomes clear that there is no religion involved, as far as what we Americans imagine religion is today.


Islam is not something that us noninvolved uncaring selfish people in this country can comprehend. I try to talk to others that I interact with daily about what I have learned so far and have found that noone wants to hear or even begin to understand. It is not something that affects them 'right now' so why bother even thinking about it.


I think that it will affect us, and very soon after this administration passes it's 'Health Care Reform' so I am a little concerned right now. If I'm right, and I'm not usually, but if I am there will be a huge jump in the number of muslim immigrants. This will set the stage for a change in how our politics and media interact and then there will be much debate about freedom of speech issues here and all over the western world.

Just a hunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment